The Reviews and Ratings function allows staff and logged in users to comment on and rate catalogue items, according to various criteria set up in System Management. Staff and all OPAC users can see those comments and the average rating when viewing records.
Reviews and Ratings are set up at the level of Record Types and are enabled per OPAC.
Note that this is an additional module, which may not be included in your system.
Before the Reviews and Ratings function can be used, it needs to be set up in various areas of the application.
The following areas need to be set up:
- System settings - how Reviews and Ratings are implemented in the system
- OPAC settings - whether Reviews and Ratings are enabled for a specific OPAC or all OPACs
- Menus - add the appropriate menu options if they are not there already
- Record Types - decide which Record Types Reviews and Ratings is enabled for
- Content Type Maintenance - add the Ratings field to the search results
- Rating questions maintenance - create the questions that can be used by a user to review a record. Questions can be made in multiple languages.
Once this is all set up:
- users can add reviews and ratings to catalogue resources when searching
- Reviews and Ratings are managed in the Catalogue Review Moderation area of Cataloguing