This page describes editing an existing Record Type.
To access Record Type Templates Maintenance, select System Management > Database Configuration > Record Type Templates Maintenance.
Note that you cannot change the System Name for Record Types which are predefined in the system, ie Amendment, Article, Book, Document, Website - but you can change the Display Name, which is what is shown everywhere in the system.
To edit an existing Record Type definition:
- From the list of Record Types , click Edit next to the Record Type.
- The same form opens up as for adding a new Record Type.
- Make the required changes.
- When you have finished, click Save & Close in the Actions menu.
- To exit the Record Type definition without saving, click Cancel in the Actions menu.
Either way, you will be returned to the list of Record Types.