This feature allows you to define input forms so that OPAC users can submit records for inclusion in the catalogue. Typical uses of this would be submission of:
- electronic documents
- interlibrary loan requests
- literature search requests
Library staff are notified by email of the submissions, and can then review the record to see whether it should be included in the catalogue or not. Optionally, emails can be set up to be sent to the user to tell them whether their record has been accepted or not.
Setting up the forms and emails
There are a number of steps required to implement this, which are carried out in different areas of the application. These are:
- define which Record Types you will allow submissions for
- define which fields are to be shown on the user's input form
- define the library email address to which notification emails should be sent, for each OPAC
- enable the document submission link on the menu bar for OPAC users
- set up templates and tasks for the emails
- for the Access Permissions for OPAC users, allow Edit on the Record Type(s)
- in OPAC Maintenance, specify which Access Permissions apply for the Guest and Named OPAC users
Managing the submissions
Once a record has been submitted by an OPAC user, library staff will receive an email containing a link to the submitted record (as per item 3 above). Deciding whether to accept or reject the record is the last part of this process.
Records waiting for approval do not appear in the OPAC, as they are unpublished.
Experiencing problems with cataloguing? See the Troubleshooting Guide.