Before you can catalogue volumes, you need to:
Creating volume records
These instructions assume that you are familiar with the process of cataloguing.
Cataloguing the main work
- Select the Content and Record Type from the drop-down lists - note that it does not have to be the same as for the main record
- Click Add to the right of the field
- A new entry screen opens, ready for you to catalogue the volume information. This may use the same Record Type as for the main work, but without the Volumes field, or a specific Record Type for Volumes may have been defined.
- Catalogue the volume information as normal, then click Save and close in the Actions menu. (Or, if you want to create copies individually for each volume, click Save and then create the copies as normal. For creating copies for all the volumes at once, see below.)
These instructions assume that you are familiar with the process of creating bulk copies.
The most efficient way to create copies for all the volumes is to do it from the main record, using the bulk copies option.
If the system has been configured to enable volume records to be searched for (this is defined in System Configuration), you will see volume records displayed as follows:
- click View parent record in the Actions menu to see the full record of the main item
- click Locations in the Actions menu to see the copies for that specific volume
- click New Part in the Parts menu to create Parts records for this volume
Editing and deleting volume records