This module has been replaced in version 4.0.3. Seealternative guide.
The Requests and Reservations function allows users to request items from the library. There are three types of request, all of which are related to a specific catalogue item:
Request a copy of the item to borrow:
- if the item is already on loan, a reservation will be made for the requester
- if it is not already on loan, it can be loaned to the requester
Note that for Parts records, the Copy Request option is not available as they do no represent separate physical items.
Before the Requests and Reservations function can be used , it needs to be set up in various areas of the application. This is because the functionality can be enabled at different levels, allowing a great deal of flexibility.The following areas various settings need to be set up:configured.
- System level - whether Requests are enabled in the system, to enabled Requests to be made and how many per userEnd User
- Access Permissions level - which request types are enabled for different each type of Content and Record Types can be allowed different permissions and for different user typesEnd User categories
- Office level - for where Supply a Copy settingsis to be used
- Library level - for collecting/sending settingsto identify settings for Collecting and Sending
- Record Type level - which request types to define the types of Request that are enabled
- Record level - which request types are enabled
You also need to Also create:
- your own version of the copyright declaration form (or use the sample one supplied with the system)
- notification emails to library administrative staff for Supply a Copy requests (optional)
Note that if you decide to enable should Requests and Reservations be enabled AFTER you records have already been created catalogue records, the system will not retrospectively enable Requests and Reservations for those records. You would need to either Either edit each record manually if you only have a few, or contact Soutron, who can set the request flags on the records programmaticallyto set the Request flag on all records .