To access user records, select Modules > Users.
There are three broad categories of user in the system:
|Guest||Users of the OPAC who do not log in and therefore have access to fewer facilities|
|OPAC logged in||User of the OPAC who log in and have access to facilities such as self-issue, My Account (old), Requests, etc|
|Library staff||Administrative users of the system, who have a role. They have access to various admin functions depending on their role and access permissions.|
It is also possible to set up temporary borrowers as part of the loans process.
The Users module covers the following areas:
- Searching users
- Creating new user records
- Editing user records
- Locking and unlocking user accounts
- Setting up and managing User Groups
- Setting up and managing User Profiles
- Setting up User Synchronisation if you import user records instead of creating them manually
Experiencing problems with managing user records? See the Troubleshooting Guide.