Optionally, you can have the system send an email to the user immediately after you have created their record, informing them of the website address for the catalogue, and their username and password.
The following steps need to be taken in order to enable this:
- ensure the function is enabled in System Management
- edit the wording on the predefined email template
These are described below.
To enable the new user email, select System Management > System Configuration Maintenance.
Near the bottom of the page is the following option:
Ensure that this is set to Yes (which is the default).
To access Template Maintenance, select System Management > Task Centre > Template Maintenance.
To edit the new user email template:
- Select the "New User Created Notification Message" template by ticking the box next to it in the list of templates
- Click on Edit template in the Actions box
You will be taken to the template edit screen:
- Edit the template using the Rich Text Editor
- Make the required changes, then when you have finished, click Save in the Actions menu, or Save and close to return to the list of defined templates.
These emails are sent automatically: you do not need to do anything in Task Maintenance.
Experiencing problems with managing user records? See the Troubleshooting Guide.