If using version 4.1.3 these settings only apply when configuring the Library search results. For the portal search results you must use Search result templates in the admin application.
Custom view is no longer supported in the portal as of 4.1.3. Instead you should setup a new template using the new thumbnail or citation views for the portal.
You can define a different results screen for each Content Type. You can also:
- define a default results screen which is used for all Content Types for which a results screen has not been defined
- define a search results screen for all Content Types, where you have chosen to display all the results in one tab (although this will also use the default if not defined)
- define different results screens for different OPACs or all OPACs
Note: Search results screens were previously defined in Content Type Maintenance
This page describes the definition of search results screens. This allows you to list:
- the fields that are to appear on the search results screen
- the order in which they are to appear
- how they are to be sorted
- which fields are to be clickable links to the full record
To define the search results screens, select System Management > Search Result Templates.
This takes you to the following page, which displays a list of the Content Types for which search results have already been defined in the application. The "Default for each Content Type" is built in and therefore always appears in the list.
Creating a new search results screen
To define a new search results screen:
- From the drop-down lists at the top of the screen, select which of the following that you are defining the search results screen for:
- Content Types - All Content Types, Default for each Content Type or a specific Content Type
- OPACs - all OPACS or a specific OPAC
- Click Create New in the Actions menu OR the Create Level button
You are taken to the definition screen:
If you select an option that has already been defined, you will see the following error message:
Defining the sort order
Although it is optional, it is a good idea to sort the records so that it makes sense to the user, and it is preferable to have the field(s) you are sorting by in the first column(s). Alternatively, you can choose to sort the records by relevance (the default).
You can add as many sort levels as you want, although after a few levels it ceases to be meaningful. For example, if you were to sort by ISBN there would be little point in adding another level as there is likely to be only one record for each ISBN.
To define the sort order:
- Click on the drop-down list to select a field to sort by, or leave it as Relevance. The fields are displayed in alphabetical order.
- To change the direction of the sort from Descending (Z-A) to Ascending (A-Z), click the arrow icon to the right of the field list.
- To add another field to sub-sort by, click on the Add Level button and repeat steps 1 and 2. Note that if the results are sorted first by relevance, sub-sorting can refine that further by differentiating between records with equal ranking.
To change the sort order definition:
- to remove a level from the sort, click the red cross icon next to the field
- to return to the default (sorted by relevance), click the Restore default button
Selecting the type of screen (view) to be defined
There are two types of search results screen:
- Grid - fields are displayed in columns: this is suitable for most Content Types and is the default
- Custom - for creating other formats, for example:
- a "gallery" view: this is especially suitable for images
- a citation format
- Select which views are to be available for search results: the Grid view is available by default
- If you have selected both views, you need to define which is to be the default view, using the drop-down list
- Then select which one you are going to define
Editing a search results screen
To edit an existing search results screen:
- Tick the check box next to the Content Type you wish to edit the screen definition for
- Click Edit in the Actions menu
- Make the required changes as described above
Finishing the process
When you have finished, click Save & Close in the Actions menu.
To exit the definition without saving, click Close in the Actions menu.
Either way, you will be returned to the list of Content Types.